Taken from Harper Mitchell’s great post about hiring A-players, these 7 questions will help you to identify individuals that will make a difference.
1. Have you been promoted at least once in a previous role? How/why?
2. Did you have to lead a big project? What was the outcome?
3. Is this role different than the previous one? In what sense? (A-players love new challenges)
4. Can you tell me what you like and what you would change in our company? (A-players aren’t afraid to be frank but base their decisions on solid data)
5. What’s your next challenge? (Are they confident without being cocky)
6. How have you always continued to learn up to now? (Continuous learning is central to performance)
7. What questions do you have? (You shouldn’t have to ask this one)