Learnings on stoicism from Marcus Aurelius’ Meditations
Jeremy Anderberg at Art of Manliness recently read and wrote down notes about Marcus Aurelius’ famous Meditations, a collection of wisdoms and advices to himself. The distilled learnings feature words to live by (below or much more detailed in Jeremy’s post).
1. Every man has a primary battle
2. Everyone has something to teach you, in spite of their shortcomings
3. Many things in life are outside of your control: you can either fight it or accept it
4. Stop complaining or being angry: it only makes you loose valuable time
5. We are alive to do hard things: that’s how we learn and progress
6. As much as it is in your power, be good
I would also recommend wholeheartedly Epictetus’ The Art of Living for another perspective on stoicism.